- Your shopping cart is empty!
Robert Moretti, PhD. 2 hours 33 minutes. Video & Audio Download.
Topics: Active Imagination, CG Jung, Religion & Spirituality, Self and Self-Psychology.
An Introduction to Jung's Psychology: Historical Context of the Red Book
This seminar is intended to familiarize participants with the life and work of C.G. Jung. A particular focus will be placed upon the years during which Jung was writing the Red Book. Jung’s complexes and his reaction to the split from Freud will be explored to determine their impact upon the writing of the Red Book.
PowerPoint: Slides are edited into the videos.
Audio: This download includes an audio MP3 of each lecture that can be played on smartphones and tablets.
The series Jung’s Red Book includes the following lectures:
- An Introduction to Jung’s Psychology: The Historical Context of the Red Book - Robert Moretti, PhD
- Jung's Interior Castle: The Red Book as Spiritual Document - Stephen Martz, DMin & George Didier, PsyD
- Reading the Images in Jung’s Red Book - Mary Dougherty, MFA, ATR, NCPsyA & Barbara Friedman, PhD
- Exploring Jung’s Red Book: Artifacts and Methodology of the Individuation Process - Ken James, PhD
- The Archetypal and Scientific Significance of the Red Book - George Hogenson, PhD
This lecture is intended to help you:
1) Summarize the major phases of Jung’s life and work.
2) Describe the historical events leading up to and following the split from Freud.
3) Evaluate Jung’s period of “creative illness.”
4) Identify the psychological tensions or complexes contributing to the rich fantasy material of the Red Book.
Robert Moretti, PhD is a clinical psychologist and Jungian analyst in private practice. He holds academic appointment as Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine, where he has been on the faculty for over 25 years. In addition to standard Jungian analytic approaches, Dr. Moretti’s practice utilizes mindfulness meditation techniques, cognitive approaches, and hypnosis. morettipsychology.com
© 2010 Robert Moretti
℗ 2010 CG Jung Institute of Chicago
|Audio Format||1 MP3 File: 55MB|
|Video Format||1 3GP File: 591MB Total|