- Your shopping cart is empty!
Various Speakers. 1 hour 2 minutes. Video & Audio Download.
Topics: Archetypes, Family and Intimate Relationships, Life Cycle, Mind and Body.
The Body: Our Container for the Archetypal Experience
Experiencing archetypal energy can be powerful and emotional. Our bodies have to process these happenings as well as the emotions they activate. But what if our defenses won’t let us? In this presentation, we will explore how the bodily components of internal defensive structures can work against the embodiment of archetypal experience but how, once recognized and reverenced within the therapeutic relationship, can lead to a sense of wholeness.
This lecture is part of the conference Awakening Archetypal Awareness in Dreams and Daily Life, which includes the following lectures:
- Sharing Essentials: Archetypes and Intersubjective Space - Sherry Salman, PhD
- Lessons from the Consulting Room: Thirdness - Archetype of Intimacy - August Cwik, PsyD
- The Body: Our Container for the Archetypal Experience - Jane Kelley, LCSW
- Clobbered by an Archetype: How the Good Shepherd Knocked Me Over and Carried Me Home - Stephen Martz, DMin
- Panel Discussion with August Cwik, Jane Kelley, and Stephen Martz moderated by Barbara Friedman, PhD
PowerPoint: PowerPoint slides are edited into the video.
Audio: This download includes an audio MP3 that can be played on smartphones, tablets, and laptops for listening on the go.
This video will help you:
1) Observe and describe archetypal symbols in dreams, waking life, and contemporary culture.
2) Recognize the difference between genuine symbols and manufactured images.
3) Discuss why being aware of what is archetypal in dreams, waking life, and culture is important as we try to be responsible to ourselves and one another in a global world.
© 2015 Jane Kelley
℗ 2015 CG Jung Institute of Chicago
|Audio Format||1 MP3 File: 21MB|
|Video Format||1 3GP File: 197MB|