Cultivating Soul: A Day with Thomas Moore
Part 1: Ageless Soul
Thomas Moore will speak about the themes of his book, Ageless Soul, and engage in conversation with attendees and analysts. Ageless soul offers positive and inspiring guidance for becoming a full person as time goes by. Since we are all aging, it is for anyone who has ever thought about getting older. It’s especially valuable for people 50 and over. It seems more difficult than ever these days to deal creatively with aging. This book provides a deep and comprehensive plan that sees aging not as losing capacity but as becoming who you are destined to be, a real human being. It covers key matters, such as:
– the shock of discovering that you’re getting older
– how to keep your youth in a deep way
– how to manage your sexuality as you age
– how spirituality can mature and become more important over time
– how to value your life by leaving a conscious legacy for your family and your society
– responding well to loneliness and depression
– nurturing friendships and community as you get older
Part 2: Care of the Soul in Troubled Times
For all of our problems, our times are in many ways better than the past. Throughout history, much has been achieved creatively in very troubled times. This is a time to resist the culture (contemptus mundi) and live your own life of excellence and beauty. It’s a time to assume leadership for change and returning to eternal values. Study the best of lives in our past and be inspired toward creativity and excellence (aréte).
This event was recorded on October 28, 2017.
Audio MP3: This video download also includes an audio MP3 of the seminar so you can listen at your convenience.
|Videos of Thomas Moore on the Oprah Winfrey Network|