Alchemy is a window into the structure and the workings of the unconscious. Jung’s Analytical Psychology offers a unique view of the dynamics of the unconscious and a method to dialogue with it using the vast treasure trove of world Alchemic literature. This presentation will explore the history and the core concepts of Alchemy. It will describe the Alchemic themes in the Individual dream symbolism and the collective unconscious. It will amplify the alchemic perspective on human relationships in general and therapeutic relationships in particular using the text of Rosarium Philosophorum. It will conclude with the Alchemy of the Individuation process chronicled in Jung’s final opus, Mysterium Coniunctionis.
This is a recording of a live webinar held on September 30, 2023.
PowerPoint: Slides are included in the video.
Audio: An audio mp3 of the recording is included for your convenience.
- Describe the history development of the Alchemic approach in Jung’s Analytical Psychology
- Identify the core Alchemic concepts and symbols.
- Apply the Alchemic principles to decode the individual dream symbolism.
- Discuss the workings of the collective unconscious using Wolfgang Pauli’s dream series discussed by Jung.
- Apply the Alchemic paradigm to unpack the therapeutic relationship using the images of the Rosarium Philosophorum.
- Analyze the Individuation process using the Alchemic framework in Jung’s Mysterium Coniunctionis.
- Critique the Neuroscience perspectives on Alchemy.
- Demonstrate the Alchemic principles in Ayurvedic Medicine.